Does ProMedCare supply literature explaining the services they offer?
A detailed file providing information on the following will be provided and kept at the patient’s home:
- Assessment of the patient’s needs
- Medical history of the patient
- Services agreed upon and contract with the patient
- The Care Management Plan and any adjustments thereof
- Explanation of the 24/7 CarePlus emergency service
- Placement of the Caregiver/s
- Emergency contact details
- Environmental Safety Assessment documents
- Daily log sheets to be completed by the Caregiver
- Quality Assurance log sheets
- Termination of Services
- Fees Structures
How are the Caregivers selected?
- ProMedCare interviews all Caregivers to assess ability and level of training
- All references are followed-up
- All training credentials are verified
- Successful applicants attend an orientation session
- If successful, Caregivers are matched with a patient according to the patient’s needs and Caregiver’s experience
- Evaluation of Caregivers take place twice a year
- Any common gaps identified through the evaluation process will be bridged with a training course with an accredited training provider
How does it work when we decide to use your services?
ProMedCare has a management team in place that will be the first point of contact.
They will do the following:
- Assess patient’s specific needs with the help of an assessment tool
- Identify all support systems and role players to prevent duplication and unnecessary costs
- Explain the services to the patient/family
- Draft the Care Management Plan in conjunction with a Registered Nurse and other role players
- Arrange services according to Care Management Plan
- Quote the patient for the arranged services
- Draft a contract with the patient
- Match an appropriate Caregiver to the patient
- Manage and co-ordinate the services provided by ProMedCare
Are Registered Nurses required to evaluate HomeCare needs?
- Full medical assessment in consultation with patient’s physician/s and family members are necessary in cases where there are pre-existing medical conditions that prohibits the patient from doing certain daily activities
- Includes physical assessment with reference to:
- Physical condition
- Psychological condition
- Wound and skincare
- Nutritional needs
- Personal care
- Rehabilitation needs
Are the duties of the Caregiver stipulated?
- A Care Management Plan is provided to the patient/family members
- Responsibilities of the Caregiver is set out in the plan
- A Registered Nurse oversees that all duties are carried out accordingly
- Any changes to the Care Management Plan are agreed with all parties before implementation
- Daily records are kept
Is the quality of services provided monitored?
- Monitoring visits are carried out according to a Care Management Plan by a Registered Nurse
- Quality checks are carried out by a Quality Manager on an ad hoc basis and weekly visits are done by a Quality Manager Assistant
- Any complaints are taken and addressed by the Quality Manager
- All Caregiver’s performance are evaluated quaterly
- Feedback is requested from patients during and after service termination
Do you have emergency procedures in place ?
- Yes 24/7 emergency hotline
- Situation is assessed by Registered Nurse
- Emergency call outs are carried out when required
- Experienced Caregivers are on standby for any staff emergencies
Will my information be confidential?
- All employees sign a confidentiality agreement on appointment
- All patient records are stored in a secure, locked location